Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Other White Milk

"Helping" mama with weekly food prep!

At 11 months Jacob started weaning himself and my reaction was something like this...
 
SWEEEEEEET!!!!  (insert selfish celebration here.....)
No more planning my "out of the house" wardrobe based on "access"
Yay, a little of freedom - regained!
 
Followed by.......
 
 
 
 
OH NOOOOOO!!!!!
I am gonna miss that sweet time together - what can we do instead?
What do I feed him?  If I don't consume cow's milk - would I feed that to him?
 
After a little research and asking a couple of my "hippy mom" friends.  It was clear that for me and Jeremy, Goat's Milk was the answer! 
 
Again with my disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist but below is an article that I found and will help answer some questions you may have about WHY Goat's Milk after breast feeding.  Use this as a spark for you to do some research and see what's best for you!
 
 


I did a little research on brands and recipes and found an EASY to make recipe by Mt Capra - Capramilk.
 
80z bottle
  • 1 tablespoon CapraMilk
  • 1 teaspoon Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil
  • 1 teaspoon Organic Olive Oil
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons Organic, Raw Turbinado sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses
  • 1/4 teaspoon Cod Liver Oil
  • 4 Vit D drops
  • Infant probiotics
Fill bottle up with 5oz of very hot water.  Add coconut oil and wait to melt. Add olive oil, molasses, sugar, cod liver oil, and vit drops.  SHAKE WELL.  Add milk powder and cold water (3 0z).  SHAKE WELL.  Lastly - add probiotics just before you feed to your baby.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment