Friday, August 15, 2014

62 - Kickin' Arse and Takin' Names


This is Marimikel aka Mimi!  I first met Mimi in February of 2012  - we immediately clicked as she is a fierce, strong, stubborn woman (much like myself!!) and I knew she was the exactly who I wanted to help me with the birth of my first baby!  While she helped me conquer the fears of my first pregnancy, I started helping her conquer FITNESS!

We began training together April of 2012 and 2 1/2 years later, we still meet 2x a week in my front yard for her weekly dose of CrossFit.   At 62 years of age, she is stronger than ever, full of energy and belief.

Before we started training Mimi had just dropped 40 lbs due to stress and "forgetting" to eat.  She enjoyed swimming and walking but was admittedly inconsistent.  Today her nutrition is a priority - she swims at the YMCA 1-2x a week, and walks her 2 mile course in "record time".

As a coach, I assessed Marimikel's imbalances and took note of her 60+ yr old aches and pains. We celebrated her strong chest/shoulders and took note of areas that needed work.  We focused on learning to engage and building her posterior chain to keep her standing tall.   This has also helped hip pain "disappear". We focused on bi-lateral tools like dumbbells, kbells rather than barbells.  We always go at her pace and have fun!

If you think you are too out of shape, too old, too weak, too pregnant, too WHATEVER for CrossFit - maybe you just haven't found the right coach.

Where there is a will there is a way!
My passion is one on one or small group training.  I love working with people who "think they can't" - if that is you - contact me!  I would love to help you be a better version of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment