Friday, May 22, 2009

THE GOLDEN MEAN

The Golden Mean is a core teaching of both Aristotle and Confucius and it states that the ideal person is not the best at anything but a perfect balance of all extremes.
How can we find this elusive Golden Mean -aka balance?
  • Set the right goals: goals of good intention, not ego driven goals
  • Know my limits: is the next project going to push me over the edge? is my to do list realistic?
  • Be aware of my personal needs: sacrifices in my personal life do not result in success in my career
I sit here surrounded by 3 notebooks (setting my goals), several Crossfit Journals (all 1/2 read), and a million lists ("to do" lists, "idea" lists, "read this" lists)
I am so excited about the opportunities! I want to conquer all of the "to do's" tonight! I want to know everything in the Crossfit Journals NOW!
It is the perfect time for me to pause and focus. Remember to attack this new chapter of my life one step at a time. Do not get anxious over the lists. Be grateful for the abundance of opportunity. Be patient.
I will maximize my personal effectiveness only by finding balance.

I am proud and excited to be in a part of this team. I look forward to the opportunity to work with super stars like Carey Kepler and Jeremy Thiel - and the entire CrossFit Central crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment