Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Labor Day Weekend Events!




This weekend was full of Austin events! Friday night Jeremy and I teamed up with two fellow CrossFit Central pals - Mandy and Chris - to create a team for the Zilker Relays. This was the first event I participated in when I moved to Austin in 2003 and it's still one of my favorites. It's only 2.45 miles, it's a relay (anything is more fun with a team!), they serve TacoDeli tacos!! and don't forget the beer and music that follows! Could you ask for much more on a Friday night?Our team, Double C's, came in 4th in our division! It was the first run I'd done since the Boston Marathon and I felt great! Thanks to Mandy and Chris for putting the team together.

Also, congratulations to all the CrossFit Central folks who completed the Austin Tri on Monday. CrossFit Central had ten coaches manning the finish line for this event! (Photo above: me and Eric Wood at the Austin Tri). It was a great spot to see the determination, dedication, enjoyment, and relief on the athletes' faces as they rounded the corner to the finish line!
A special congratulations to two of my LIVESTRONG boot campers: Haley Justice, who completed her first Olympic Distance tri on Monday and Brenda Ware, who completed her first EVER triathlon!

Do you participate in Austin's endurance events like these? Would you like help improving your 5K time or sprint triathlon time? I can help you. Contact me about CROSSFIT CENTRAL ENDURANCE Elements and start improving your sport today!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, awesome post! I love your blog...

    It is aesthetically pleasing...

    Web

    ReplyDelete