Saturday, January 9, 2010

What is your Mantra for 2010?




Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a New Year - make my resolutions, what am I gonna change?, blah -blah-blah. In years past I've refused to make resolutions with the excuse that I set and meet goals all year long. I don't need to make a statement just because it's January 1st.

I'd rather just dress up and enjoy my New Year's Eve party!!


Well, this year is different - I am in a different community - surrounded by uber supportive and motivated people - and I have been inspired to live 2010 with more purpose and direction.


This is not an overnight realization or choice. Over the past 6 months I've continued to be awestruck by the achievements of coaches and athletes at CrossFit Central. I've been held accountable for goals I set and inspired by those around me who continue reach new levels.


Jeremy recently challenged us to come up with 2010 Mantra. I know it's along the same lines as a New Year's Resolution but for some reason the request hit home. A mantra is a not 'just a goal' it's a phrase to inspire a transformation! Who couldn't use a bit of a transformation?


Friday night, when Carey was leading the I AM CROSSFIT participants thru a goal setting exercise, one phrase kept resurfacing. It's a phrase from the book "Notes on Love and Courage" by Hugh Prather and it will become my mantra for 2010.



Live as if everything you do will eventually be known!


Can I do that?

Can you do that?

What would that change about my everyday attitude? I am about to find out.......

2 comments: