It's often easier to focus on what you can't have rather than what you can have. With this mindset, one of the most daunting places to go is your corner grocery store!
Right? How many of you have experienced this?
Here a few tips:
- stay on the outside perimeters of the store - the isles are filled with boxed, packaged, processed foods
- everything in your cart should ROT - all fresh and high quality will eventually rot! ie: eggs, fruit, broccoli
- read the label - the shorter the ingredient list, the better - you should be able to pronounce/spell everything in your food
Not sure what to put on your grocery list - start with this PALEO SHOPPING LIST
If you feel that everything that makes your food tasty is OFF the list with Paleo - Think again!
Some must have spices include:
- red chili
- garlic cloves or flakes
- sea salt
- mint leaves
- mustard - mustard seeds
- olive oil - coconut oil
- black pepper
Or try this one it uses a lot of "extras" to create this chicken dish:Ingredients:
1) 1 large chicken breast, diced
2) About 150g of tiger prawns
3) 2 tbs chicken stock
4) 10ml olive oil
5) 1 red capsicum, diced
6) 1 finely sliced red chili
7) 3 cloves of garlic
8) 1 knob of grated ginger
9) 1 roughly cut punnet enoki mushroom
10) 3 sliced spring onion
11) 2 egg whites
12) 6 lightly crushed macadamia nuts
13) 1 sprig of mint leaves
14) Zest and juice from 1 medium lime
15) Some coriander leaves for garnishing
Heat oil in the wok and drop in ingredient no. 6, 7 and 8. Stir fry for several seconds and then drop in the chicken breast. Once it is nearly cooked, put in the capsicum and prawns.
Once both the chicken and prawns are full cooked, pour in the stock and allow it to simmer. Next, dump the egg whites but don't stir just yet. Wait until they form into the shape of an omelet, and then break them apart.
Dump in the remaining ingredients and then top the dish with some coriander leaves. Enjoy this dish while it's still warm.