Thursday, April 25, 2013

Another Year to "Play" - South Central Regionals 2013



After Jacob was born end of September -I took a couple months off - started back slowly and thought in January I could jump back into the training program/group and start to rebuild the "me" I know. Instead I was introduced to a body that was foreign to me and a fog that wouldn't lift from my body or mind.
About 2 weeks before the Open started, we found out that due to a new rule I couldn't represent CrossFit Central as a part of the team - After a couple of weeks I fumbling around the gym and losing more and more confidence, I'd all but given up on competing in 2013. 

Then I realized I had 2 choices 
1) sit back and watch Regionals AGAIN
OR
2) get my a$$ in shape!



I decided to get a coach and bit by bit he's helped me regain confidence and get comfortable with movements again! Each week during the Open I felt stronger and fitter but would it be enough to make the top 48?? My goal was to get to close to the 2012 Lisa - but that still puts me a year behind the rest of the pack! It's been one big experiment, I never know what I can do - I have no baseline for where I am only where I was. In many ways it feels like I've traveled back in time as my skills are similiar to where they were 2 years ago. My core is weak (so gymnastics tougher) and my time is limited as my family and job take priority! I've tried to keep the "everyday is a PR" attitude and looked at the entire journey as an experiment - What can I do? How quickly can I get there? I've been a bit disappointed but overall surprised by my #comeback - I've always competed in a way that kept my performance relative to those around me - now I have no preconceived notion of where I "should" fall so I can just "do me". I look at this year and know that I will finally fulfill MY potential - it may not be the "potential" I had going into 2012 but I will fulfill Lisa Bender Thiel's 2013 potential. 
" My body is returning to the one I remember. My mind is too. I feel the fog lifting. A good thing, for sure." - Laurey Masterton

I wrote that just over 2 weeks ago for a post that the South Central Regionals FB crew put up and ALREADY I feel like I am in a different place.  There is nothing like the power of the mind - I have a goal - I have a timeline - I am making progress - beating even my pre-pregnancy PRs and SUPER JACKED about going to represent the Double C's at Regionals!  

My husband is ALWAYS my biggest fan - he believes in me more than anyone on the planet!  It's solely because of his encouragement and belief that I even ventured into this arena again.  AND he talked me into getting a "LBT support tee".  

UNOFFICIAL (meaning no $$ due) ORDER FORM

Design should be "revealed" next week and they are set to arrive the last week of May.  WANT ONE?  Put your name in here and I'll save your size.

See ya'll in San Antonio :)  I am honored to get the chance to "play" another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment