Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A horse named FOCUS!

It's week 3 of the 8 week I AM CROSSFIT challenge. This is when you've been REALLY REALLY good with all your workouts and nutrition but it's starting to drive you mad....is it worth it? my pants are looser already, I'll just slack off! Etc, Etc.

After talking to several of the members on my team - this weekend was the weekend to 'fall off the wagon'. It seems that weekends are especially easy to get sucked into skipping a workout, enjoying too much wine, or eating that 'whatever' you're trying to stay away from!


Our Monday team email looked more like "Confessions of ...." Below is a story of one team member's weekend slip up.

It was a cold dark night in Austin, Texas. I had the bright idea of going to Fogo de Chao last night. It's all meat & more meat right? Wrong! The big bad place then gave me a FREE DESSERT!!! I not only took it but ate it too...don-don-don! I couldn't turn anything down from this place. They'll take your arm and your leg, so what could I do, if I wasn't being charged? This was out of principle not weakness for poor old me. In the end I knew that big bad temptation got me BUT I got on my horse (named FOCUS). I then rode away to CrossFit Central today and had myself a workout this morning. Thus killing that bad (but yet yummy) cake in my system...Hip-hip hurray! THE END.

Can you relate?
I can!

When this happens in the challenge or in life we have two choices:

  1. Give up - Beat yourself up - Sabotage the next 5 weeks of the challenge
  2. Get back our that horse named FOCUS! Start over with a new day and keep going.
Which option will you choose?



1 comment:

  1. OMG! The horse named FOCUS! I like that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete