Thursday, February 7, 2013

Fittest Games 2009 - 2nd Annual #tbt



In 2009 the sport of CrossFit was growing and the local challenges progressing.  This year the Fittest Games was still 3 weekends of competition but the workouts were getting heavier and the crowds larger. Details here
The clothes and bodies stood out to me as something that changed the most from 2008 (last week's post) - Looking back at 2009 what I notice most is the media coverage and how that's changed over the years. 
Check out this video promoting the 3rd and final weekend event of the 2009 Fittest Games.


FG 2009 Finale Pics - April 7th, 2009

The 2009 was the only year I didn't participate in the Fittest Games challenge!  I was working for adidas and our sales team was asked to train for and run The Boston Marathon.  For the runners out there - this is a huge honor as you typically have to qualify to run this event.  I however, was a little less than excited about the "request".  The Boston Marathon was on April 21st and it meant choosing between CrossFit Competitions 2009 (The Fittest Games, 1st Regional Qualifiers for The Games) and running.  
I ran the marathon in 3:44 - it was GREAT weather - and I can now say "check, done that".
It also solidified my love for CrossFit Sport and I changed my focus as soon as the marathon was complete.


1 comment:

  1. You are a good girl that keep healthy everyday. I should learn from you!

    ReplyDelete